To: Tribal Tribune
Anna M. Vargas
From: Anna M. Vargas, Code Reviser
Subject: 2018 August Quarterly Report
A quarterly update will be submitted each April, August and December to provide the general public with notice of all code amendments, revisions and new laws enacted during that supplemental year. Supplement years begin and end each December. Code amendments approved after December 2018 by the Business Council will be processed as 2018 supplements.
This Quarterly report will cover May 2018 through August 2018.
The following supplement chapters were processed and are for the 2018 publication year:
• 4-6 Aggregate Development & Reclamation Act (Amended 6/7/18; Certified 6/8/18; Resolution 2018-365)
• 6-20 Commercial Marijuana Production, Processing, Retail Sales (New Chapter enacted 6/21/18; Resolution 2018-417)
The following proposed code amendments are being processed:
• 4-3 Land Use (30-day comment period, 2nd committee meeting August 14, 2018 Community Development—COMMITTEE PULLED AMENDMENT)
• 4-15 Shoreline Management (30-day comment period, 2nd committee meeting August 14,2 018 Community Development—COMMITTEE PULLED AMENDMENT)
• 4-13Solid Waste (45-day comment period; 2nd committee meeting October 9, 2018)
All proposed code amendment information is available upon request. You may also visit our web site at www.colvilletribes.com and highlight GOVERNMENT, go down to CURRENT CODE to view the Tribal Law & Order Code or to see codes that are being amended, highlight GOVERNMENT, go down to TRIBAL COURT and click on PROPOSED AMENDMENTS.
I would strongly encourage all Tribal Members to view the amendments periodically so if you have any comments, you can submit them to me.