On July 24, 2020 Northeast Tri County Health District (NETCHD) received laboratory confirmation of a person testing positive for COVID-19. Through an investigation, NETCHD staff confirmed that the person testing positive was at Cahoots Bar, located at 198 E Second Ave Colville WA, on July 18th during the approximate hours of 6:00 PM to 10:30 PM. During this time the individual was symptomatic with COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, and had extensive interaction with other patrons. This interaction occurred before the individual was tested and informed of test results.
In cooperation with Cahoots, Northeast Tri County Health District is advising patrons that visited the establishment during these defined times to:
• Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 that include cough, fever, shortness of breath, body ache, diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, or sore throat;
• If symptoms develop, consult with their primary care provider for further recommendations regarding testing;
• Stay home if you are sick;
• Be diligent about wearing a mask around others outside your household;
• Practice social distancing of at least six feet;
• Minimize social interactions with others, including gatherings; and
• Wash hands frequently.
Northeast Tri County Health District is working with Cahoots to ensure proper protocols be adhered to and safeguards put in place. It remains critical that food and drinking establishments operating in Phase 3 of Washington’s Safe Start Plan to:
• All employees wear appropriate face coverings; patrons must wear face covering when they are not eating or drinking;
• No more than 10 patrons per table; tables placed so patrons are at least 6’ apart;
• No bar style seating;
• Maximum occupancy of 75% of building occupancy;
• Frequent cleaning and sanitizing; and
• Screening employees for signs/symptoms of COVID-19
Note that these specific requirements will be modified starting July 30th based on additional requirements recently announced by the Governor’s Office.