The Colville Tribal Emergency Operations Center asks community members to maintain social distancing protocols on the Colville Reservation through the long Memorial Day Weekend.
While our numbers remain low, we have prevented a widespread outbreak by following these social distancing protocols. However, we know COVID-19 continues to be a threat to our communities.
We ask our communities to maintain these steps to further prevent spread of COVID-19 on the Colville Reservation:
- Wash your hands often
- Practice social distancing – keeping 6 feet between yourself and others in public
- Avoid all gatherings that include people outside of your household
- Wear a mask in public
- Stay home, except for essential activities
- Be aware of others around you who may have compromised immune systems
The Colville Business Council has extended through May 29:
- the prohibition of public gatherings of ten or more people
- the prohibition of camping by non-tribal members or groups of ten or more people
- the closure of fishing and hunting by non-tribal members within the boundaries of the reservation.
- the requirement of residents to remain home except for essential activities
- closure of the Colville Reservation to visitors.