NESPELEM - The Colville Tribal Emergency Operations Center asks community members to continue to practice social distancing on Memorial Day.
While our numbers remain low, we have prevented a widespread outbreak by following social distancing protocols. However, we know COVID-19 continues to be a threat to our communities, and we have seen continued cases in a number of the counties surrounding and near the reservation.
Okanogan: 43 cases, 1 death (including reservation totals)
Ferry: 1 case, no deaths
Stevens: 10 cases, 1 death
Lincoln: 2 cases, no deaths
Grant: 190 cases, 4 deaths
Douglas: 157 cases, 3 death
Spokane: 477 cases, 31 deaths
Chelan: 229 cases, 6 deaths
The Colville Business Council has extended through May 29:
- the prohibition of public gatherings of ten or more people
- the prohibition of camping by non-tribal members or groups of ten or more people
- the closure of fishing and hunting by non-tribal members within the boundaries of the reservation.
- the requirement of residents to remain home except for essential activities
- closure of the Colville Reservation to visitors.