March 22, 2020
The American Red Cross published a list of ways to limit the spread of germs and prevent infection, March 17, including asking people to stay home and avoid gatherings of more than 10 people.
The Red Cross recommends the following steps to help prevent the spread of germs during this situation:
- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
For continued tribal services, call the Colville Tribal EOC at 509-634-2105 or 509-634-7350.
For emergencies, call 9-1-1.