The Colville Confederated Tribes stand in solidarity with our Tribal Members, our Employees & our Communities in the fight against systematic racism and injustice.
We do not recommend attending Protest Rallies due to the Risk of Catching and Spreading the Coronavirus.
If you feel compelled that you must go, there are several things you can do to lower your risk infecting yourself and others:
· Wear and bring extra masks for others and encourage their use
· Bring plenty of hand sanitizer
· Wear goggles, if the virus lands in your eye that is one way to get coronavirus
· Make a sign and/or bring noise-makers - yelling can spread droplets
· Maintain a social distance of 6 feet from anyone else
· If you have symptoms, or if someone in your household is sick, or if you have family members that have increased vulnerability, including Elders - STAY HOME!
· Quarantine yourself for 3 days, contact your health provider to be screened for testing and follow your provider and supervisor’s advice for returning back to work
Consider supporting the Black Lives Matter movement without leaving home during Stay at Home Orders
· Send Money to Legal Defense Funds
· VOTE AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO VOTE
· Talk to Your Friends and Family about racism and violence
· Send positive messages by making & displaying on flags & banners, posters & placards outside of your home
· Design t-shirts & clothing to express views and to show solidarity
· Design a cool button and hand them out
Above all else encourage a peaceful protest and take every precaution to stay safe and protect yourself and your family from possible COVID-19 infection
Rodney Cawston, Chairman
Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation