OMAK - The Colville Tribal Emergency Operations Center has confirmed through Colville health officials a new positive case of COVID-19 in the Omak district.
According tribal health officials, the individual remains in isolation.
As of today, the Colville Reservation has had 16 cases of COVID-19. Fourteen of those individuals have been released from isolation. One case was discovered post-mortem.
The threat of COVID-19 remains very real in our community.
Please continue to follow social distancing measures.
- Stay home, stay safe.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with un-washed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when cough-ing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, han-dles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toi-lets, faucets and countertops.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- If you think you have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home and self-monitor for at least 72 hours. If your symptoms worsen, contact your health provider.